Subject: Turning off bits (tools) during a toolchain build
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Dritsas <cgd@sonic.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/11/2003 08:34:38
Good Day,

Not sure if this is the correct list to post this on....

I desire not to build lint (among some other tools) during a NetBSD 1.6
toolchain build. Attempting to use

    MKLINT=   no

from within Makefile.inc - as well as bsd.prog.mk

While looking into this I find, within bsd.README :

    There are various make variables used during the build.  Basic rule for
    the variable naming scheme is as follows:

    MKxxx   Can be set to `no' by a user to disable functionality.
    Defaults to `yes' (or usually does)

As well as this example:

    The include file <bsd.prog.mk> includes the file named "../Makefile.inc"
    if it exists...

    If foo does not have a manual page at all, add the line:
    MKMAN=    no

Flipping the lint bit in this manner does not seem to work for me. As I
am new to this, can anyone inform me of my incorrect ways...

Thanks