Subject: Re: wscons termcap entry
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Joerg Klemenz <joerg@gmx.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/02/2002 22:22:37
Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 02:00:09AM +0200, Joerg Klemenz wrote:
> > You may want to look at the wscons entry I created. It's not good, but its
> > better than the others...
>
> Some time ago, I took the time to do this too, and I added all the
> capabilities you have in both your termcap entries in wsvt25.
> So: "It's fixed in -current, and in 1.6."

Good

What about terminfo? Did you also commit terminfo files?

> > One needs to change /etc/ttys to have TERM=wscons as default.
>
> There was some discussion about this and some voices insisted that it
> stay vt100 for easier compatibility with other systems that don't know
> about wsvt25.  Not that I agree in this regard, but it doesn't matter
> too much -- it's easy to set it for yourself.

If compatibility is a matter, why not change the actual emulator to
match a real vt220?

It does not require any functional changes, just fix the escape
sequences returned by some keys... it's almost trivial

When 1.6 is out, i will download the sources of everything and do it
myself. It seems so much easier than having extra term* entries and
changing /etc/ttys

Or has this already been done?

Why does NetBSD not use terminfo by default anyway?

joerg

--

	SINNER