Subject: Re: openssh configuration path change
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@mines.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/07/2002 19:54:08
On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 10:59:46AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> 	openssh (openbsd usr.bin/ssh) have moved configuration file location
> 	from /etc to /etc/ssh.  do we want to synchronize with the change,
> 	or do we keep these in /etc?

  Yes, please!  I've been trying to convince people to move these files
to /etc/ssh for years (and maintaining local patches).  BTW: since you
declined to move them previously because of the hassle of maintaining
differences from openssh, it seems curious that you're even considering
maintaining the differences needed to keep them in /etc.

> 	my opinion: move to /etc/ssh for 1.6.  don't move it for 1.5 branch.

  That's certainly consistent with the notion that 1.5 should contain a
minimum of incompatible changes.  If I were using 1.5, though, I'd sure
want to see it changed.