Subject: Re: turning sendmail into a symlink
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/14/1998 09:21:28
In article <199812140411.GAA27530@myrtle.proxima.alt.za>,
	Lucio de Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za> writes:
> If software does not include itself a mechanism to use an alternative
> "transport" ...

That's not true. My mail prefered program has a runtime configuration
option to use another MTA but the default is "/usr/sbin/sendmail"
as specified in "/usr/include/paths.h". But I really don't want that
every user has to reconfigure the program to get it working. And I
neither want to recompile all the programs.

> ... then one would assume it _requires_ the real thing.

Programs only require a mailer frontend which understands some standard
options like "-oi", "-oem" or "-t".

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/