Subject: Re: Adding "fake" adduser ?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/12/1998 21:32:18
On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 02:47:49PM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> : think its absurd to point someone to vapor-documentation.
> Then fix the manpage!  (Which one is it?)

Even this is already better then nothing, the average (new) admin will
not read every manpage until she finds adduser and then not execute
it, but will try 'adduser', 'useradd' and a few other combinations.

A well. There is a mapage in section 8! adduser.8 that describes how
to add a user, but which is not a manpage for a tool. I think this
sould be moved to another section (most probably 5) and at least get
some words that there exist tools like addnerd in the packages.

And - for me as non native english speaker - addnerd does reveal by
its name, that it is some sort of useradd tool.

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
A translated sentence from a Russian chess book:  A lot of water