Re: [and paxctl] RT linker, rpath and security

Le Thu, May 11, 2023 at 10:37:17AM +0200, Martin Husemann a écrit :
> On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 10:22:08AM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > Would you mind specifying what "admin decisions" you are referring to?
>
> Installing a binary with an untrusted RPATH

Are the rpath of the dynamically shared ELF executables installed by
pkgsrc verified? Is it the responsability of "root" to verify them?

> or making some directories writable that should not be.

I can add a /home/Someone directory in the rpath that is only writable
by Someone. If I have access to Someone's account, I do whatever
I want.

What you are saying is that ALL directories should be read-only. And
this must include mounted mfs ones.

BTW paxctl(1) is modifying the behavior, for security/safety, of an
ELF program.

Is this one not a candidate for something settable by paxctl?
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/