Re: g++ -pedantic on 6.0.1/amd64 fails to include xmmintrin.h

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:01:11AM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> I disagree on this. Adding throw() in many cases costs more than it
> provides and I am not talking about the header pollution here.

I don't see how this would be the case.

Adding (in C++) arbitrary throw declarations has this effect [which is
why sane programs never use them, and I'm saving you the "avoid
exceptions by all means" rant here for brevity], but adding throw()
[i.e. the "does not throw any C++ exception] declarations on
non-inlinable functions (like the public exports from libc) should not
cause the compiler to add any additional runtime checks nor incur any
costs.

Please provide detailed references how this excact declaration can cause
costs.

Martin