Re: Bulk builds do not run on NetBSD 9.2

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 02:29:53PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
 > > No, the reason is so that things work out of the box. I have yet to
 > > understand why you and a few other people have been calling for years
 > > to break it.
 >
 > Funny. We have this discuss ever so often because it does NOT work out
 > of the box, especially down the line of a release cycle. But I'll leave
 > it here as rehashing the discussion again is not a good use of the few
 > spare cycles I have.

I have never had a problem (apart from the PKG_DBDIR lossage),
including on releases that became EOL before I had time to update the
machines running them.

Whereas bootstrapping and ending up with two copies of make that
differ slightly is a recipe for screwups.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost