Re: :S variable maniplulations in Makefile?

On 08.12.2020 23:03, Georg Schwarz wrote:
Does the :S variable manipulation in Makefile support the entire sed syntax/functionality? Maybe someone could point me to a documentation of what's supported and what's not?
Unfortunately I haven't come across this information in the pkgsrc documentation so far.

Thanks for the hint, I'll add some tests to
https://github.com/NetBSD/src/blob/trunk/usr.bin/make/unit-tests/varmod-subst.mk
to demonstrate that the :S modifier only does a simple substring search,
without any placeholders other than the anchors ^ and $.

To get extended regular expressions, use :C instead of :S.  For more
details, as Jonathan already pointed out, see the manual page for make
or bmake.  There is nothing pkgsrc-specific going on here.