Re: go packages, gopath, adjusting upstream sources

> I would appreciate it if those expert in go took a look at
> net/syncthing.  I adjusted how the upstream sources are laid out to be
> under gopath, following what I believe is the preferred go approach,
> because the old way no longer worked.  I wonder if some of this should
> be hoisted to common go infrastructure, or if I am doing this
> suboptimally, or if the go world should change their approach, if people
> have other comments.

This looks mostly fine. One issue is that you probably need to add the buildlink directory to the GOPATH to be able to buildlink any dependencies in. As there are none, that’s not a problem in practice.

It is basically the same thing that lang/go/go-package.mk is doing though. So yes, there is common infrastructure for this.