Re: abiword 3 reviewers wanted

On 26 August 2015 at 12:41, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 02:29:31PM +0200, Niclas Rosenvik wrote:
>> Hi everyone, I have taken on myself the responsibility to get abiword 3
>> into pkgsrc[1]. I believe this is now finished (rendering of the rulers
>> now always looks correct) and is looking for reviews
>> so it can be checked if there is anything that needs to be fixed.
>> I plan to import it, including the needed dependencies in wip, to
>> pkgsrc-current after the freeze.
>> abiword 3 is available in wip/abiword and wip/abiword-plugins .
>
> Looks good, please import them.
>
> Thanks,
>  Thomas

Sorry, I'm late to the party.

When I submitted Abiword 3.0 to wip last year, I was able to build it
but not to run it properly without crashing. Then I had my own issues
to sort and when I came back I saw that it had been updated to 3.1,
which is I believe an unstable version, so I gave up entirely.

What is the current status? Is it running fine for the most of you?

One other note: have Abiword proper and abiword-plugins been split
again? Wasn't there a consensus to let the package build its own
plugins?

--
Ottavio