Re: bootstrap.mk issues for openjdk7

Le 05/10/13 20:42, Jonathan Perkin a écrit :
* On 2013-10-05 at 08:25 BST, Richard PALO wrote:

-.if ${OPSYS} == "SunOS"
+.if !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MSunOS*)

okay, I just tried to make it conform to the existing checks, for readability.

Unfortunately I'm finding hardcoded '/opt/local' and other potentially invalid assumptions in some of the patch files and, naturally, the dist files...

The 'jre' link wasn't set for ALT_BOOTDIR in openjdk7/Makefile
(pkgsrc sun-jre7 seems to have restructured the jdk directory hierarchy and collapsed the jre directory with a symlink to its parent).
It wouldn't even build if I didn't add ALT_OBJCOPY and STRIP.

Openjdk runtime also seems to keep looking in the bootstrap jdk packages directory for javax.help-2.0/lib/jhall.har (at least), not to mention things like jconsole don't seem to be able to initialise X:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window
server using 'localhost:11.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.access$200(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:65)
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment$1.run(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:110)
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:74)
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.createGE(GraphicsEnvironment.java:102)
        at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:81)
        at sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.<clinit>(XToolkit.java:119)
        at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:868)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:860)
        at
javax.swing.UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName(UIManager.java:608)
        at sun.tools.jconsole.JConsole.<clinit>(JConsole.java:64)
Not too useable without X, and after checking, didn't seem to work with pkgsrc installed sun-j*7 either.

I guess I'll wrap up the builtin work with sun-j*7 and leave it at that... This has consumed far too much time...