Re: New options for freeswitch

On Mar 9,  2:47pm, Julio Merino wrote:
}
} I don't know why pkglint tells you to ask for comments on the addition
} of new options, but I suspect the reason is two folded: first, to make
} sure that the name is acceptable; and second, but most importantly, to
} ensure that new options are not introduced when an alternative is
} available.

     It's not telling you to ask for comments, it's telling you to
update pkgsrc/mk/defaults/options.description.  That's where the
explanation is found when you type "make show-options" as in this:

P4-3679GHz: {457} make show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        ldap     Enable LDAP support.
        snmp     Enable SNMP support.
        ssl      Enable SSL support.

D'Arcy chose to ask for comments, he was not obligated to do so.

}-- End of excerpt from Julio Merino