Subject: Re: graphics/digikamimageplugins fix
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2006 12:01:13
On Saturday 11 February 2006 12:19, Simon Burge wrote:
> The following patch fixes graphics/digikamimageplugins for me on the
> pkgsrc-2005Q4 branch, but I can't test on -current pkgsrc.

Your patch will break the package for NetBSD-current, where it currently
works.   The problem is that the msgfmt in 3.0 doesn't like the .po files
that these .mo files are created from (while the -current msgfmt does).  The
correct fix would be to patch the .po files so they are good for both
(similar to the patches in x11/kde3-i18n/ca/patches/patch-a?).

It looks like these .po files are fixed in the latest (0.8.1) version of
digikamimageplugins but that requires a newer digikam than we currently have
in pkgsrc and I'm working on getting that built.  So doesn't help you with
2005Q4 but should hopefully be fixed in time for 2006Q1.

cheers
mark