Subject: bootstrap re-engineering status?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/09/2005 18:25:21
A little over a week ago, pkgsrc/bootstrap was changed in ways that
caused it to break in some environments, Mac OS X 10.3.9 being one (the
one I use most and can test easily). First, building bmake failed
because of ${LIBC} pointing to nonexistent /usr/libc.a (fixed by editing
pkgsrc/bootstrap/bmake/mk/bsd.prog.mk). Then building bmake completed,
but failed in the test phase:

	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/11/06/0016.html

If re-engineering bootstrap is not expected to be done soon, can we roll
back to the previous known working state? I'm ready and willing to test
the latest fixes, but at the moment devel/bmake is the same as it was
when I reported the test failure noted above.

Thanks,
Mark