Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/scamper
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/02/2005 15:09:04
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Dieter Baron wrote:

>   One way to do so now is to explicitly check for it and set
> PKG_SKIP_REASON if it's not set:

>   But that would not be reflected in the ``make show-options'' output.

I thought of that too; it didn't seem very good because that's a lot to
replicate in a bunch of Makefiles for something as popular as inet6.

>   If we really want support for required options, I can add explicit
> support for this to the options framework (via the new variable
> PKG_OPTIONS_REQUIRED_OPTIONS, for example).

That would be a nice addition.  However, there's still the PKG_FAIL vs.
PKG_SKIP difference to worry about.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>