Subject: Re: inclusion of x11.buildlink3.mk is missing?
To: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/09/2005 13:30:10
Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:

> In mk/defalts/mk.conf, randrext is listed to PREFER_PKGSRC.
> Should I set PREFER.randrext to "native"?
>
> PREFER_PKGSRC?=         MesaLib Xft2 Xrandr Xrender expat fontconfig    \
>                         freetype2 glu randrext render xcursor

If you are using X.org, it's probably better to set the following in
your /etc/mk.conf:

PREFER_PKGSRC=	MesaLib glu

By my reading of pkgsrc/x11/xorg-libs/Makefile, xorg-libs already pulls
in the pkgsrc versions of expat, freetype2, and fontconfig, so it's not
necessary to list them.  For what it's worth, I personally use:

PREFER_PKGSRC=	yes
PREFER_NATIVE=	getopt skey tcp_wrappers

so that all dependencies are satisfied through pkgsrc, and I have fewer
problems with updating packages.

What to do when not using the native XFree86 is still guesswork as we
don't have that many users experiementing with using pkgsrc X11
distributions and providing feedback on what works and what doesn't.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>