Subject: Re: AIX 5.3 and ld
To: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.feb.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
From: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2005 12:16:48
The libraries are found during the linking phase using
the -L option.

Also, runtime linking is a bit of a strange beast in
AIX.  Take a look at this IBM Developer Works article
for a more in-depth discussion of GCC and shared
libraries in AIX:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/eserver/articles/gnu.html

I hope this answers your question satisfactorily.  I'm
certainly no AIX or pkgsrc expert, and so I could be
missing something.  I desperately want pkgsrc to work
properly on AIX, and I want to make sure that any of
my proposed modifications fit the established pkgsrc
model.

Cheers!

-Peter

--- Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.feb.fuenf@onlinehome.de>