Subject: Re: Inteirx pkg_add doesn't work when installing pkgs from netbsd
To: Mark Funkenhauser <mfunkenhauser@rogers.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/28/2004 00:38:10
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Todd Vierling wrote:

: :    "poll() timeout"   - Interix provides a poll() api in libc.a but it
: : doesn't work.
: :                         No software should be built using it.
:
: Really?  It mostly works fine for me, but perhaps that's only with direct
: network sockets.

Hm.  No, it seems the code I'd been using was not using poll() after all.
This is bad, ver bad:  after looking at the Interix manpage for poll, it's
obvious that the damn thing should never have been put into libc.  (It
apparently doesn't support *any* normal files.)

I'll mull over this.  It may require some really u-g-l-y hackery.  To say
the least, I'm not happy about it....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>