Subject: Re: WRKSRC's position in Makefiles, and pkglint
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/19/2004 15:06:21
[ On Monday, January 19, 2004 at 16:38:36 (+0000), Alistair Crooks wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: WRKSRC's position in Makefiles, and pkglint
>
> However, the question still stands - why is "WRKSRC=${WRKDIR}" related
> to definitions governing distfiles and binary packages?

I do agree that WRKSRC definitely does describe an attribute of the
distfile and one that does often change when the distfile changes.

Note though that the most common cases where an explicit WRKSRC setting
must be given are usually those cases where WRKSRC does not change when
the distfile changes.  :-)

However I don't really care where it is in the Makefile and I'd most
prefer that it not move from wherever it happens to be now in any given
Makefile.

(I also agree that CATEGORIES should go down just _below_ COMMENT. :-)

--
						Greg A. Woods