Subject: Re: DESCR per operating system
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2003 18:43:03
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:32:12 -0700 (PDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> > > misc/splitvt
>
> This says:
>
> Note: users may want to take a look at /usr/bin/window (see ``man window'')
> for a Free/NetBSD native version this type of program.
>
> That is an example of something that could be moved to a DESCR.NetBSD and
> DESCR.FreeBSD. (I think placing in MESSAGE it too late, because users
> generally don't read that until after they install the software).

So simply reword it:

"Your system may already include a utility called "window", which provides
similar functionality to splitvt.  Check it before installing this program."

Nothing specific to any OS but still provides the same information ;)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>