Subject: Re: install-info --remove
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
From: Stoned Elipot <seb@script.jussieu.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/25/2002 12:13:07
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 08:02:43PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> Emacs 21 has two Info entries 'CC Mode' and 'Emacs FAQ', both of which
> include a space in its entry name so that install-info can't remove
> these entries properly if invoked with --remove.  I think of this as a
> bug of Texinfo, but I need a work around for this not to demand users
> to update their install-info...

Why not ? :)

> In other words, I need a shell script which can change
>
>   * Emacs FAQ: (faq). Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.

>   * Emacs-FAQ: (faq). Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.
>          ^
> Looking forward to seeing a suggestion from you Unix gurus. :-)

Anyway you could fix this by providing a patch file in the patches subdirectory
of such a pkg. The patch could either be on the TeXinfo sources or on the
pre-generated .info files included -I guess- in the emacs 21 tarball.

I'd prefer the former but then I bet you'll need a newer makeinfo
command. See section 10.24 of a recent pkgsrc/Packages.txt.

Perhaps Emacs' makefile use the elisp included makeinfo "compiler" though...

Cheers, Stoned.