Subject: Question about top-level fetch-list
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/24/2002 13:14:37
What do we want that to do, exactly? I think the question is wide
open, because I can't see how it ever actually worked, or if ever, not
for a very long time.

For the normal case, it's clear to me that you don't want to recurse
through dependencies in each package directory, as you're going to hit
them all without it, so recursing would just be a waste of time.

If ${SPECIFIC_PKGS} is set, or in a category, you may or may not want
to recurse through all dependencies, depending on what you're doing
that for. Sure, there could be two different targets, but my fear is,
that folks will just naturally untar pkgsrc and do a "make fetch-list"
at the top, and wonder why it takes so long. All ideas welcome.

Frederick