Subject: Comments on pkgs (Taylor UUCP...)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhns Acct <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/2001 23:11:50
2 comments:
 On Taylor UUCP: I seem to remember reading that Ian Taylor used some features
of both HoneyDanBer and BNU UUCP. So the name (I think) should stay
"Taylor UUCP". I do know a bit about the package -- having hacked on it alot
to learn about communications, and connect to BBSs. I have hacked alot
recently on Tip, remote needs to be updated badly. I also believe its
a better way to debug a serial connection than cu. I also have one of the
last copies of "Managing UUCP and Usenet" by Tim Oreilly...

On IVtools: I recall seeing IVtools in the graphics package tree. I then
re-updated the pkgsrc tree via CVS and it disappeared. I also got a recent
e-mail from Scott Johnston about turning it into a package. Whats the
status of IVtools as an "offical package". Whos working on it.

                                                          Todd Gruhn

--
Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the
estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him. --Lord of the Rings