Subject: Re: md5 file checksum checking
To: Not for internal consumption <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/1999 11:56:38
On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Not for internal consumption wrote:
> Couldn't these be delineated inside, say a @volatile section,
> or have a VOLATILE tag after the MD5:$checksum field?

What do you mean by "delineated"?

Adding some section won't be easy, as the current PLIST code doesn't
understand that concept, and frankly, I don't think we need it.

What we will sure not do is to add more cruft to the @comment tag like the
MD5 checksum. Instead, we may probably s/@comment MD5:/@md5/ soonish -
I've some comments in the pkgdb patch for this already, check it out. :)

Or another approach which could sum up several file flags/options in one
line: md5, volatile/conf flag, even things like owner, group & permissions
come to my mind, so these can get checked.

Suggestions welcome. :)

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>