Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/1999 18:52:00
[ On Wed, January 13, 1999 at 14:41:25 (-0800), Jason Thorpe wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: netscape (binary package)
>
> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:01:59 -0500 (EST)
>  Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>  > Actually, it knows about the layout of SunOS 4.1.x CD-ROMs, and requires
>  > that you set the make variable SUNOS_CDROM_PATH.
>
> You mean it won't work w/ my SunOS tapes?  :-)

Well, that might be asking a bit much (though I once thought the tapes
were easier to disect than the CD, esp. if you were looking for files
for an architecture that you don't boot.

Seriously though, I do hope that your script will also be able to make
good use of an NFS mount or ftp server, or even a tar image of /usr/lib
(perhaps only including the three files you really need).

How about the SunOS-5.x emulation?  I've not yet tackled this one
myself, though I've got a SunOS-5.6 CD to try someday soon....

--
							Greg A. Woods