Subject: RE: Proposal: cd /usr/pkgsrc/foo ; make bar
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/03/1998 09:59:36
On 03-Dec-98 Hubert Feyrer spoke unto us all:
# > benchmark target to the benchmarks/Makefile, along with some sort of trick
# > collect the data..
#
#  OK, i've thought about that, too, but wouln't the individual bendhmark
#  targets be the right place to collect per-benchmark data somewhere?
#

Well.. Thats what I'm unsure about..  I was thinking along the lines of copying
it to a directory like /tmp/results when it's done, so you can just go and have
a look see..

The idea being, if I want to run bytebench over and over.. then thats fine that
it puts results in its own dir.  But if I've just installed my new machine, and
am curious, it would be handy to have it just dump them all in one convenient
location.

It should be drool-quality easy for a new user to evaluate the performance of
his new machine... ;)

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org