Re: wm(4)

On 2015/11/01 0:31, Mike Pumford wrote:
SAITOH Masanobu wrote:
I'm guessing the one error in those stat counters corresponds to this in my dmesg:
wm0: device timeout (txfree 4068 txsfree 55 txnext 690)

  This device timeout might be related to PR#40981.

    http://gnats.netbsd.org/40981

Looks plausible. So far its a one off event but it is one I've seen before on another system. Anything I can do to help debug?

 Thank you but no thank you because I can reproduce this problem
by myself.

  By the way, wm(4) has an small problem. When we use "ifconfig wm0 up" on
some chips with copper media, the following sequence is observed:

    0) link goes up

    1) after 1 second, it goes down

    2) and a few seconds later, link goes up again

I fixed this problem yesterday. The change also fixes a problem
that "some" ICH8+82566 systems does link up with 100M in above 2)
with 1G switch with "ifconfg wm0 auto". I'll commit the change
in a few days.

Ah. That little glitch is exactly what causes DHCP to go wrong on my system and now I think about it some more in that scenario I do see frames being transmitted but none being received. Is this fix likely to be pulled up into 7.x?

Mike

 Those changes will be pulled up to netbsd-7 after waiting
a few weeks in case I might added a new bug.

 Thanks.

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)