Re: wi(4) with AirPort only half working

frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost (Frank Wille) writes:

>Is anybody using wi(4) on non-macppc hardware? Then please tell me if
>"ifconfig wi0 list scan" works for you and which firmware you are using.

On netbsd-5/i386:  ifconfig wi0 list scan  just waits infinitely and
the interface shows "status: no network". You can interrupt ifconfig,
then down and up the interface to restore operation. dmesg sometimes
shows a "wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear".

wi0 at pcmcia1 function 0: <Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01, >
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (8.10.1)

N.B. wiconfig wi0 -D seems to work and doesn't kill the interface.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost