Subject: Re: ippool error (ipf v4.1.3)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/17/2006 21:26:53
To: tech-net@netbsd.org
cc/crosspost to: ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au

This is a follow up and cross post to a thread that I started on
the ipf(ilter) mailing list because most of my issues were
with (I thought) understanding ipf.

Now I believe that ippool functionality of ipf is broken on NetBSD...
Possibly all versions since 2.0? I found the following unanswered message
in the mail archives from last year:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2005/04/14/0007.html

It's safe and easy to test:
# ippool -l
[see manpage for ippool for details]

If you get an error message with 3+ and/or current that lends
credence to my concern...

I turned in a send-pr on fixing the missing device but somehow
there is more to the problem. [see misc/33504]

At this point just looking for confirmation this is broken or not.