Subject: Re: change ifc_destroy to return an int
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/07/2004 13:01:15
    Date:        Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:59:52 -0800
    From:        Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>

  | I really don't see any compelling case to make if_strip clonable.  Or
  | to have it in a GENERIC kernel anymore. Is anyone even _using_ strip
  | with metricom radios?

I'd have no objection to deleting it (at least from GENERIC, if not
from NetBSD completely) - but if not deleted, then clonable is better
than as it was - even if this one is one where no-one is ever
realistically going to want more than one.   The strip interface in
generic kernels is the greatest obstruction to dhclient that exists,
and dhclient is way more useful.   At least being clonable it shouldn't
appear in the existing interface list until someone creates one, which
is almost as good as not existing at all.

kre