Subject: Re: NIC to disk issues
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/11/2004 00:51:02
On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 08:31:06AM +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:

> I'll check what tcpdump shows later today.

Yes, please.

> However, if you are correct, where exactly is my problem. It is clear
> that something is wrong on my i386 machine. If it's not NetBSD, there
> must be something wrong with the hardware. I'm thinking that the
> only thing it can be is the motherboard, because I've already tried
> changing all the other components (NIC, disks, IDE interface).

You tried that but still: probably good NIC should help,
I had good experience with intel's fxp, sun's hme, tulips,
YMMV, so I'd suggest to search mail archive.
May be before you invest in new card try to profile kernel and see
if that discover something unusual.

Also, you can wire those 2 machines with cross wire and set media
explictly to avoid possible hub/switch incorrect duplex/half-duplex
mode.

	Andrey