Subject: Re: RFC2385 - pretty please?
To: None <vincent.jardin@6wind.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/25/2004 15:36:19
In message <200404212157.00342.vjardin@free.fr>Vincent Jardin writes
>Hi,
>
>I think that is would be nice if this API could be compatible with the FreeBSD
>and the OpenBSD one. Both use "TCP_MD5SIG".
>
>It can be tested using:
>  http://people.freebsd.org/~bms/dump/quagga-tcpmd5/

>Regards,
>  Vincent

[... snip commit logs, manpages]

I just committed a slight rework of the FreeBSD TCP-MD5 code, as
MFC'ed to FreeBSD-4 (i.e., with your API changes to BMS' original
commit).  It has the same caveats (and the same documentation) as
FreeBSD's FAST_IPSEC; though the NetBSD FAST_IPSEC is within a
gnat's hair of working with IPv6, at least provided none of the v6 traffic
is IPsec'ed.

I haven't tested it with a commercial router BGP/rfc2385, as I don't
have one; commiting makes the code available to NetBSD users who do.

Thanks for the heads-up about APIs; and to Bruce Simpson for the code
and for advice.

regards,
  --Jonathan.