Subject: Re: IPv6 rtsol & kernel configs
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/23/2002 16:34:48
In message <200210232311.TAA15397@Sparkle.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>, der Mouse wr
ites:
>>      rtsol: kernel is configured not to accept RAs
>
>> So stupid question time: Where is the knob to fix this?
>
># sysctl -a | egrep adv
>net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv = 0
>
>Unless it's changed recently (that was run on a relatively old system).

Nope, that's still it.  Thanks.  Perhaps rc.conf should default to
ip6mode=autohost instead of host?  (After noticing that rc.d/networks
sets that sysctl value to 1 when ip6mode is autohost but not when
host.)  Would that be "really bad(tm)" for some reason?

I think I might add that hint to the rtsol man page, unless someone
can argue against it.  OK, reasonably argue against it, I've hung
around these lists too much. 8^)

Jon