Subject: IPv6 rtsol & kernel configs
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/23/2002 15:56:31
I have a machine setup (I hope) as a IPv6 router with rtadvd running,
and a host machine on the same Ethernet segment.  When I run rtsol
on that host, I get the message:

     rtsol: kernel is configured not to accept RAs

So stupid question time: Where is the knob to fix this?  The rc.conf
file looks right.  (I didn't change or override any IPv6 stuff from
the defaults.)  The rtsol man page refers to sysctl, but doesn't
mention any particular settings to look at...  I guess I could
statically mash a default route in the routing table, but that
doesn't seem to be right.  This is with 1.6I/sparc BTW.

Jon