Subject: Re: Known problem?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/29/2002 13:50:30
seth@cql.com (Seth Kurtzberg) wrote:

> I've encountered a problem with NetBSD current (not CVS, released) and
> the SIS 900 series Ethernet chipset.

> The error says that the packet
> size is between 2300 and 2400 bytes, not always the same value but
> always within these limits.  (The network is your usual 10/100
> ethernet with an MTU of about 1500 bytes.)
>
> If this is not a known problem I'll track it down.  If it is a know
> problem, please let me know.

The problem was mentioned in kern/15020.
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15020

I still see these errors and I had to reduce the MTU to prevent that the
device does totally die. If you have some patches I can try them. Maybe
you should contact Jason Thorpe. He's probably (more or less) working on
the problem.

Michael