Subject: Re: pppoe problem
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: ww <ww@styx.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/19/2001 11:29:11
On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 11:39:40AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 05:43:11AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > In article <200112161335.fBGDZgv01110@night-porter.duskware.de>,
> > 	Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> writes:
> > > This, IMHO, shows that t-online can't be blamed for PMTU-D blackholes.
> >
> > But they can be blamed for not using DHCP like in the Pilot phase.
>
> Well - they have to somehow account by time, and runnning PPP over
> $somethingsick is the easiest solution, I guess...

i'm not aware of a dsl provider, in toronto at least, that does
any sort of accounting by time. the usual argument is that it is
the "only way" to allow third parties to (re)sell dsl without colocating
in the ilec's central offices. the other way of doing it entails
carving out a pvc for each end user is arguably not scalable
enough and too administratively intensive...

-w