Subject: Re: real ARP, anyone?
To: None <is@beverly.rhein.de>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/23/1995 17:10:11
is@beverly.rhein.de writes:
> does anyone work on a real ARP implementation? I mean, one which can
> handle multiple protocols for link level and user protocol?
[...]
> I guess somebody might be working on IPv6 and implementing a real ARP
> code for that, so I thougt it would be better to ask first.

IPv6 doesn't do ARP -- it uses neighbor discovery protocol messages on
a multicast address.

I am currently in possession of the NRL IPv6 implementation, including
IPSEC for both v6 and v4. It was written for 4.4lite. If anyone in the
U.S. who knows what they are doing is willing to take a crack at
integrating it (it will require a half day I suspect), let me know --
I don't have time for a week or two to try myself.

Perry