Re: Testing Emulation Syscalls

On Tue, Aug 01, 2023 at 05:52:57PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Yes we are. But the question is if we can create (tiny) test binaries
> just for this purpose, without Linux dev tools and libs around,
> from within a standard build.sh run.

You could craft a NetBSD binary that abuses the ELFNAME2(linux,probe)
test in src/sys/compat/linux/common/linux_exec_elf32.c so that the kernel
think it is a Linux binary. Of course if you use a syscall that does
not have the same number in NetBSD and Linux, you crash, hence I am
not sure it could be useful.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost