Re: New "ahcisata0 port 1: device present" messages with NetBSD 9

Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

>  [ ... ]
>
> I have similar problems, as filed in PR/54790.
>  https://gnats.netbsd.org/54790
>
> No "ahcisata0 port 1: device present, speed: 3.0Gb/s"
> but many soft errors.  No error on NetBSD 8.1 GENERIC.
>
> The problem here doesn't happen once after disabling NCQ by
> "hw.wd2.use_ncq=0" in /etc/sysctl.conf.
>
> One interesting point:
>
> Yours are
> > wd0: <Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB>
>  [ ... ]
>
> Mine is also Samsung SSD 860 EVO:
>  [ ... ]
>
> No errors on the following drives on my other machine:
> > wd0 at atabus0 drive 0
> > wd0: <TS1TSSD230S>
> [ ... ]
>
> There might be some device quirk around NCQ of Samsung SSD 860 EVO?

Sounds likely?  No errors on non-SSD either

wd2 at atabus3 drive 0
wd2: <WDC WD80EFAX-68LHPN0>

Since I've set hw.wd0.use_ncq and hw.wd1.use_ncq to 0, I've not had a
repeat of the problem.

However, I've had some corruption :(.  fsck has fixed a number of
errors and I also have (so far) a couple of dozen corrupt files.

Cheers,
Simon.