Re: DISKLABEL_EI option for system with MBR

On 2017/02/16 5:47, Michael van Elst wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 09:27:16AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
On 12 February 2017 at 11:57, Rin Okuyama <rokuyama%rk.phys.keio.ac.jp@localhost> wrote:
Michael, Martin, thank you for letting me know about wedge(4).
It is exactly what I need! It is more portable than my patch.
I withdraw the patch and the PR.

I think that DISKLABEL_EI would still be a good idea - as it would
make other endian disklabels Just Work for people (including easy
fstab usage)

I agree. It's not 100% compatible, but useful enough to allow some
confusion.

David, Michael, thank you for your comments. I agree that it would be
still useful, but also potentially dangerous. How about turning on it
only for ALL on x86, and commented out for other kernel configuration
files?

Then, going back to Michael's question: