Re: mount_ffs and symlinks

On Fri Oct 16 2009 at 17:14:14 +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Hi all,
> currently mount_ffs will cry if the device used is a symbolic link.
> This happens when using LVM with the userfriendly device names
> (/dev/$VGNAME/$LVNAME). Does this warning serve any purpose?

You mean other than what is in our cvs history and GNATS?  A good tingling
when you don't get it.

But I don't have any suggestions on how to make it go away if you think
it's inappropriate for LVM userfriendly names (partially because while i
might guess what they are and why they are symlinks, i really don't know).