Subject: Re: Belkin Bluetooth vs aue vs ubt
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/11/2007 20:35:15
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> writes:

>> But a vendor/product match takes precedence over a class-based
>> match, so aue will win over ubt whatever ubt matches.
>
> Then the rules for our USB are broken somewhat.  aue should be
> filtering out things that are not in the class it expects.

Generally speaking, USB device vendors only bother to fill in the
class/subclass fields when they expect some standardized driver to
match it. The Pegasus chip that aue(4) drives is not such a thing, and
in fact, my Linksys aue(4) has all of the interface class/subclass
fields set to 0.

I think it's true that aue(4) should be pickier, but it's not clear
what information it has to work with.

       - Nathan