Subject: Re: yamt-pdpolicy merge (and where to put test code)
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/2006 09:43:09
On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 03:37:52PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 08:06:46PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > some choices in my mind:
> > 	- under a new directory, say, src/debugtools.
>
> How about something like src/misc/pdpolicy-debugtools?

I'm not sure I love the idea of src/misc -- it seems like it has the
potential to become a swamp.  Perhaps these should simply go in a
subdirectory of the directory the source itself goes in, but not be
built; we do that with documentation and ancillary tools a few other
places in our system.

I think that even though we don't have a Haskell environment in our
system, in this case it is important to check in the test framework
along with the code.  If this had been done in a few key instances in
the past (e.g. the original userspace implementation of FFS) it would
be a lot easier to test and prototype important changes to the system
today.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart