Subject: Re: Process credentials change
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/11/2006 08:23:23
On Jul 10, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Agreed. Right now, I think the only question is what we are
> promising and
> what standards require.

As I said in a previous message, the standards appear to be silent on
this issue.  I also discussed this with a co-worker on the way into
work this morning.  This particular individual used to work at Sun as
a performance guy.  He indicated to me that Solaris works basically
the way that Andy is proposing.  Let's just take a lesson from that
-- they pass the standards muster, so I don't think we need to worry
about it.

-- thorpej