Subject: Re: COMPAT_NDIS doesn't build
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Alan Ritter <ritter.alan@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/23/2006 11:58:01
> About the error I get (missing reference to device_printf()), why
> don't we change this to aprint_normal or something like this?

OK, I finally got around to looking into the device_printf() thing and
remembered it isn't in if_ndis.c either.  It's actually defined in
sys/dev/ic/ath_netbsd.c; apparently it was needed for the ath(4)
driver as well.

Note that all device_printf() does is print out the name of the device
in front of the message like so:
ndis0: ...

I could of course replace these with other print functions, but if
possible I would like to keep the device_printf()'s in place, simply
because the less changes to the original FreeBSD code there are, the
easier it will be to apply patches from the latest FreeBSD code.=20
Perhaps device_printf() should be moved from ath_netbsd.c to some
location common to all drivers (I'm not sure where this would be yet)
as this might be useful for other drivers ported from FreeBSD as well.