Subject: Re: Cardbus BAR Mapping questions/PCI differences
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Quinton <pquinton@softhome.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/15/2006 17:01:53
In article <44184054.5050702@tadpole.com>, garrett_damore@tadpole.com
says...
> This sounds like something bogus in either the framework not handling
> this automatically or Cardbus drivers doing something they don't need to
> do.  Look at the Cardbus code to find out which it is. :-)

 Well I'm only just learning about Cardbus, and this is the first driver
I've ever had to port/code, let alone the first code I've done for
NetBSD, so if this code is needed in the driver... I don't know why...
and I wouldn't know if this a framework related issue as the purpose
isn't documented anywhere... so I'm at a loss..

 After looking at dev/carbus_map.c there doesn't seem to be anything
that sticks out...

 I guess I'm going to have to email a few of the guys who coded the
cardbus drivers for those cards in dev/cardbus and ask them.

BTW... if you have any general cardbus related info I would be more than
gratefull if you would let me have a copy.

Thanks again,

Phil.