Subject: Re: Keymap import from OpenBSD
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/01/2005 11:30:29
On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:45:03AM +0100, Rui Paulo wrote:
> I'm trying to add more keymaps to NetBSD by importing them from OpenBSD.

I would like to rework the duplicate keymaps stuff - i.e. have only the
kernel style keyboard maps (but those optional) and generate the userland ones
from them (or vice versa, does not realy matter).

We should also offer a tool (in pkgsrc) that helps people create such maps
(like: press a not yet mapped key and it tells you the internal code, then
select the symbol it should produce from a menu).

Unfortunately this project has not reached the top of my todo list yet.

Martin