Subject: Re: sharing disks on the same bus with multiple hosts
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/2004 15:50:36
All I was noting was that by attaching the hostid to the SCSI bus
rather than to the HBA, you can have different SCSI host IDs on two
SCSI busses attached to the same HBA, like this Qlogic 1280 on my
Alpha:

isp1 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: QLogic Dual Channel Ultra-2 Wide SCSI HBA
isp1: interrupting at dec_1000a irq 7
scsibus1 at isp1 channel 0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
scsibus2 at isp1 channel 1: 16 targets, 8 luns per target

If you attach the hostid to the HBA, that presumably precludes you
from having different SCSI host IDs on separate channels on the same
HBA.

	Erik <fair@netbsd.org>