Subject: Re: Zillion Digital Square driver
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/31/2003 16:08:47
--p2kqVDKq5asng8Dg

hi,

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 04:51:30PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Not related to this problem, but if the USB devices really are as buggy
> as described on the NetBSD lists, how come I can plug almost any USB
> gadget to an XP box and it Just Works (TM)?  I've got cameras, CF card
> readers, a DVcam etc. and they all work without special drivers.  How can
> bill gates write such drivers if real programmers can't?  Not trying to
> start a flame war, just curious..

Maybe Gates' programmers write to the real behaviour of the devices,
contrary to what the official specifications are?

Variant of this: misinterpretation of the official specifications.

And, of course, vastly more resources to throw at this...=20

Regards,
	-is
--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/